Thursday, March 2, 2017

January 13, 2017 - Dunnellon, FL

Since we had no special plan today we slept in later than usual.

Later on in the late morning Edith started to feel ill and asked Erwin to call and see if she could go in for an exam at Quick Care Med in Dunnellon.  They told him that we can walk in anytime.  Registration at Quick Care Med was very easy and fast. They had two electronic sign-in machines where patienst can enter personal information.  It took less than 5 minutes before Edith was called in.  After questions were asked and vital signs taken Edith was led to an examination room.  Again, it was no more than 5 minutes when the nurse practitioner (NP) showed up.  She was very pleasant and asked Edith some questions.  After getting the lab results and fielding questions from Edith, the NP faxed the prescription for antibiotics to CVS, less than 1/4 of a mile away.  She told us to wait about half an hour before picking up the prescription.
To kill time we stopped at Dunkin Donuts to have snacks.  Their wifi was so much better and faster than McDonald’s.   

The prescription was only $1.71. Edith has to take it twice a day for 7 days.  Oh, the NP said that Edith’s lab specimen was sent to a specialized lab. It might take a day or two before the results are received back. If the results presented a different diagnosis she would prescribe a different medicine.  

We went to Tractor Supply Corp to see about brake/signal lights for the Jeep.  They had one, but they are magnetic, which Erwin did not want.

The clouds started to build up by the time we got back “home”.  We had lunch outside.  The warblers and cardinals were flying back and forth looking for seeds or insects.

We went biking, checking out each campsite to see where they are from.  We biked on the tram trail that is currently closed for the season.  It is a long trail and Erwin suggested that we go biking early tomorrow morning.  We noticed that we bike more often when we camp out than when we lived in our house.  

We had leftovers for supper.  While Edith was eating a notification from SkyView app appeared on her IPad  with the information that Hubble Telescope can be seen in the sky, about 20 minutes later.  We went outside, waited a while, saw Hubble’s Telescope’s in it’s swift flight across the night sky. Edith was not able to capture the light from Hubble! :-( 

The moon was not up yet, so we were able to see the stars.  We did not stay out very long because it started to get a bit chilly.


No comments:

Post a Comment