Thursday, March 2, 2017

January 12, 2017 - Dunnellon, FL

The sky was deep blue again, and also again, no clouds anywhere.  

Few RVs checked out early before we were up.  Our next door campers, Harry and Bobbi, left early.

We biked to the ranger station to inquire about extending our stay here, but no one was in the office.  After discussion we thought about going to Manatee Springs State Park in Chiefland, FL. Erwin called ahead to see if there was any available site we could get. It was 9:30 am when he called and the office was closed!

We proceeded to get the Lil’ Home ready in case we have to move to a different site or state park.  The awning had some nasty mess from the birds!  Erwin got on the top of the LH, washed away the mess with a water hose before we closed the awning.

We went back to the office again. This time, there was a male ranger who helped Shannon with the reservation.  We wanted to move to site #28, but the lady, next to us, got it first.  So, we got site #1, a stone’s toss from our current site.  We are staying here for 4 more nights.

After the “move” we sat outside enjoying the fresh air and the beautiful weather.  More RVs were starting to arrive in a convoy with Giant Recreation World.  A trailer with its logo was parked next to us.  
After a restful afternoon of just sitting outside with Erwin reading a paperback and Edith working on trip routes Edith decided to go to McDonald’s in Dunnellton town to use its wifi, so she can edit and post travel stories for our blog.  The wifi was VERY slow. It took over 10 minute to upload just one picture. Edith uploaded 10 pictures, so it took an hour to finish them all!  She was hoping to finish two posts, but was able to finish just one.

On her way back to the campground Edith shopped at Winn Dixie to pick up few items that we were out of.

Edith was excited to capture pictures of the Full Wolf Moon that arose after 6:30 pm.  She was really glad that the clouds did not get in the way.
Full Wolf Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment