Monday, April 3, 2017

March 1, 2017 - Panama City Beach, FL to Holt, FL

Overcast morning again! But there were no winds, all calm.  Little humid.

It did not take long to get the Lil’ Home (LH) ready.   After the dump and hooking the Jeep we left St. Andrews State Park at 10:30 am.  

While we were on Highway 331 toward DeFuniak Springs it started to drizzle.  Although there were road construction the traffic was very smooth.
We went to a rest area, east of Crestview, to fix lunch. More than 6 Newmar motorhomes were parked near us.  I fixed tabouleh and we enjoyed it so much.  It had been a long time since I fixed tabouleh.

We took exit #56 to get on Highway 85 North to pick up mail that was forwarded to a mail station.  We stopped at CEFCO to get diesel fill-up for the LH ($2.44 per gallon).
The Mail Station
I decided to go to Driver’s Licesnse office inside Tax Collector Building to have information on my driver’s license changed. I was requested to provide Social Security card and either Birth Certificate or U.S. Passport for identifcation.  I had to go back to the LH to get the required documents.  They took my picture and I was issued a new driver’s license.  It took about an hour before it was all done.  

We decided to get on Highway 90 instead of I-10 to go to Blackwater River State Park in Holt, FL.  I went online few days ago to reserve a site there for 2 nights.  We had never been there before and wanted to see what the park is like.

The entrance to the state park from Highway 90 was more than 4 miles, but the entrance sign was clearly visible.  The check-in was easy and swift and we got site #25.  I asked for information about bird watching.  The ranger said we should see Pileated Woodpeckers among other birds, so I am hoping we will get to see it while we are here.
On way to Blackwater River State Park
The site is gravel and back-in, but wide enough.  It has 50/30/20 amps, water hookup and sewer. We were surprised about the sewer because usually most campgrounds within state parks don’t often have sewer for each site.
Erwin went biking while I went out for a walk around the campground.  The clouds started to darken a bit.
We made a list of places to visit in Milton, FL tomorrow.  Historic places, cemetery, lunch at a restaurant, churches etc..

~Edith

No comments:

Post a Comment