Thursday, May 11, 2017

March 22, 2017 - Austin, TX

Erwin was already up and let me sleep in some more.  After I woke up I peeked out the window and it was overcast.  It did not matter to me if the weather was lousy because I was really very sore from a bad fall last night.  My right thigh was still hurting.  I was very surprised there was no bruise on the right side of my face, although half of my lips and cheek felt strange. I guess it may be the nerve.  The scrapes on my elbow were not so bad as it was last night. 

Yesterday the ranger left a note notifying campers of power outage today between 9 am-4 pm.  The power went off at 9 am, but was restored about an hour later.

I had a hard time walking without limping, but I managed to walk without assistance.  I decided that I was not going to go out today, would rather stay and rest.  Sometimes one needs to slow down after being on the go almost every day.  

We had a plan to go with Marilyn and Roger to Austin Deaf Club tonight, but I texted Marilyn and told her of my physical impairment. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to meeting some friends I had not seen in years.

After Erwin finished his breakfast he then prepared All-American breakfast for me.  After breakfast I took a nap in the recliner, but fell into deep sleep for two and half hours.  

I began to walk better in the afternoon, but the right side of my body was still aching a bit.  Erwin went out for a bike ride around the state park while I was on a videophone chat with a friend.  

I spent part of the afternoon making a list of places to visit in Del Rio, Texas and Las Cruces, New Mexico. 

Erwin spent the night working on his woodburning project while I was editing the post for our travel blog.


~Edith

No comments:

Post a Comment