Wednesday, May 9, 2018

May 7, 2018 - Phoenix, AZ

Today is our last day in Phoenix.  We cannot believe that we had been here for 5 months!  We are going to miss being here, but are anxious to come back here next fall or winter.  There are still so many places to visit in and near Phoenix. I look forward to hiking at different parks after I get myself a good pair of hiking boots.

Early this morning I went over to the pool area to try and get a video of Gila woodpeckers in flight.  I have not seen the babies in the nest cavity of a Saguaro cactus.  I do know for a fact that there are babies because the parents would fly in with foods in their beaks, then exited the nest without foods.  I was not successful in capturing videos with my iPhone.  I then decided that I was going to come back later in the afternoon with my DSLR camera.

Erwin and I spent most of the morning getting the kitchen/living area cleaned up.  Brenda, a local resident, came by and said she will gladly take care of the flowering plants during the summer.  One of the plants is for hummingbirds, and I look forward to seeing hummingbirds "dance" around the flowers when we come back.

I stopped by the RV Park office to let the manager know that we will be leaving tomorrow.  She advised that I come back to the office tomorrow morning after 8:30 am, so they can read the electric meter and bill us before we check out.

After lunch we took a dip in the pool.  At that time the temperature was 100 degrees. Yesterday it was a record breaking heat at 106 degrees, and it was a good thing that we spent all afternoon inside an air conditioned house while visiting Erwin's niece and her family.  I cannot imagine being in a space in Arizona that has no fan or air conditioner.







Just before supper we came over to deaf friends' places to say goodbye.  We will see them again when we come back.

Erwin played Hand and Foot card game with hearing campers while I spent time chatting with Ed and Pearl of Washington.

After Erwin got back from the game we discussed about tomorrow's trip route.  At first, I suggested to spend two days in Wickenburg, AZ, but Erwin pointed out that it was going to be hot there, suggested to go as far north as Flagstaff or Page.  The elevation is high and the temperature won't be as hot as here and Wickenburg. The weather forecast calls for low 100's for Phoenix for rest of the week.  Time for us to get the hell (no pun intended) out of here.

Tomorrow morning we will probably make a final decision on which destination to stay at after we leave Phoenix.


~~Edith

No comments:

Post a Comment